WHAT IS KEYWORD RESEARCH?
Keyword Research is the process of researching and finding words and phrases people are searching for, that are related to your business, product or services. It’s a key step in planning any SEO campaign.
WITHOUT WELL- CHOSEN KEYWORDS YOU WILL:
- Spend enormous amount of time and money to get good rankings
- Rank for keywords that won’t be targeted well for your area of business
WASTE OF RESOURCES, BAD RANKINGS, LOW CONVERSIONS & LOW VISITOE ENGAGEMENT IMPORTANCE OF KEYWORD RESEARCH
- Most important part of SEO – Every SEO campaign stars with one and more keywords which have to be used wisely through all other phases of side promotion process.
- Saving time and money – Doing an in-depth keyword research allows you to focus your resources on only the best and most profitable keywords.
- Getting right kind of visitors – Whether you are interested in getting readers or buyers a great keyword will bring you exactly what you’re aiming for
- Finding hidden opportunities – White doing keyword research, you can sometimes run into neglected keywords with big search volume and low competition. Use them to boost your rankings.
- Long tail keywords – Long tail keywords, not necessarly with high search volume, but with high value. They are micro targeted and usually have much higher conversion rate than general keywords.
4 STEPS TO GREAT KEYWORDS
Find Your Seed Keyword
- I want to create a profitable site but don’t have idea what to sell! – Find what people are selling on online ad sites like craiglists, eBay. Amazon, and in magazines. Pick what you find interesting!
Example: room divider, pregnancy book, weight loss pills, trampolines
- I already have a site or idea, what first comes to mind when you think about your product/service. It can be your product/service name, type purpose, niche.
Example: smartphone seo, hand cream, chicken recipe
Generate keyword list based on your seed keyword
- Manually – You can add words (cheap, review, best, top…) to your keyword and come up with similar version. Not recommended.
- Using tools – we mentioned several free and professional keyword suggestion tools that will recommend hundreds of keywords for you. Recommended.
Analyze Competition For Each keyword On The List
Although it’s not always simple (or even possible) to determine exact competition level for some keyboard. You can get at least a rough idea. Using common sense, mentioned tools and a set of rules, analyze your top 10 competition indicators.
8 signs of low competition in top 10 search results
- 4-5 sites have low metrics – MOZ PA & DA < 20 majestic CF & TF <- 2 domain age <-2 Search results in quotes <100.000
- 2-3sites are social media sites Facebook, Pinterest, Youtube
- 1-2 forum thread pages
- 1-2 web 2.0 sites for example Tumblr blogs
- 1-2 sites with less than few hundred back- links pointing to domain – it’s good to check this links martially to see if they are something you can reproduce too, or are they links from strong sites in this niche gained because authority this site has.
- 1-2 max or none strong high authority sites – like Amazon Home Depot, Target, WebMD
- 1-3 sites are Obvious affiliate blogs – If they managed to outrank authority sites for some keyword, most likely you can do it too with reasonable budget
- 3-5 sites have bad on-page optimization – for the keyword you are researching
METRICS TO ANALYZE KEYWORDS
MOZ METRICS (Page Authority. Domain Authority. MozRank). MAJESTIC METRICS(Trust flow Citation Flow) GOOLGLE PAHERANK BACKLINES TO DOMAIN & BACKLINES TO PAGE (Market samural tool) DOMAIN AGE ON PAGE SEO NUMBER OF RESULTS for keyword in quotation marks (keyword)
70% of search traffic comes from long tail keywords – Those keywords can be found with keyword research. If targeted well they bring a lot more traffic than regular keyword and more visitors that are ready to spend.
- It’s better to avoid targeting high search volume keywords – focus on realistic goals and pick keywords with search volume between 800 and 5000 searches per month and low competition.
- Keywords with 100.000 or less results when searched in quotes are usually fairly easy to rank – focus your efforst to find keywords like those.
- Your keyword doesn’t have to have all low competition indicators positive – A keyword that has 80% of indicators positive is usually already a good keyword.
- Do a small monthly keyword research – Search results and rankings are always changing so monitor your keywords.
All of this could be too complicated for beginners and could end up in wasting a lot of time and getting bad results. Keyword research professionals like Gold Mine Keywords know what they are doing and will deliver results every time. – Sometimes it’s better to hire Keyword research experts
KEYWORDS RESEARCH MISTAKES
- Trying rank for high competition keywords
- Being gready and expecting unrealistic results
- Not using great keywords in full potential
- Not understanding your metrics
- Not being patient
- Ignore seasonal keywords trends
- Ignoring good timing